Sunday, February 26, 2012

OrGanIziNG tHE CraFT ROOm

I love my house! I'm a Realtor and found this little (3200 sq ft) gem when the market tanked. Foreclosures were not yet prevalent, and this one just happened to be one. I knew the area and knew I could fix her up and make her a happy home for my family....

Yes, this did happen in our house!!!
Can we say Money Pit! You remember that 1980's movie with Tom Hanks and Shelly Long! Well, she's not that bad, and not terrible just a lot of updating. She's a 1969 brick ranch with a full basement. Just FYI, if your not from this area, homes with a basement are not typical.  (So, score one for the home team! :)  Anyway, we've been here for almost 3 years and have been working on the house and making it our own.


The basement is over 1600 sq feet, the heat doesn't work and we are not yet ready to install a new unit. However, we throw a good who-da (mama and I made up this word for party) in our basement in the spring, summer and fall months.... why am I telling you all this and do you really care???  Because in the basement we have a room that is 14x15 with built in shelves.  When I first laid on our house I knew what I wanted this room to be.  I knew it would make the perfect craft room...  Well, that didn't happen!!!! For the first year it was a junk room, then a year as a toy room, then six months or so as a movie room, and the last 3 months a bedroom. 

HELLO!!! What happened to my craft room!!! I finally got it yesterday! WOOT-WOOT!!!! Now, I've got to organize it!  And in case you don't know organizing is a therapy for me :-) as long as I'm working by myself or telling someone (hubby ;-)) what to do and where to put it, LOL!

So, here I am on Sunday afternoon at 4:30 looking at this room and wondering where to start!!!


SEE BELOW

{SIGH}

AND ANOTHER.... {SIGH}


I'll post new photos when I've got 'er done!






No comments:

Post a Comment