Saturday, February 25, 2012

Memories

I posted on my Facebook wall earlier this moring (8:48am right now) that I felt a Pinterest project coming on, and I do. First things first though cleaning the house! You know how you come in at the end of the day and you are just to tired to do anything, but feed your family and put the kids to bed... It's been that kind of week.  Bubba Gump spent the night with his Nanny last night, hubby had to work last night and is still in bed. The house is quiet, Nora Jones (my fav!) in playing on the CD player, coffee is brewed, I started cleaning and then.....

I started thinking about my house and neighbors and their kids. How wonderful my neighbors are (they truely are the best) and you know how your mind begins to wonder.... 

The kids were over yesterday and met my Bubba when he got off the bus they played b-ball for a while. I went out and talked with them and came inside then Nanny came and picked up Bubba. I went back to working on my pc, hubby watching the news before he had to leave for work. You know those typical days...

There was a knock on the door and it was one of the neighbor boys. Hubby went to answer the door and he asked if I could come out and play! OMGosh, how sweet is that!  Here's where I royally screwed up! Hubby told him I couldn't because I was finishing up something for work. I didn't give it another thought until I was in my kitchen 15 minutes ago.

I thought back to when I was that age and I use to go over to my neighbors house all the time. Now, they were my grandparents age and no kids around, but my brother and I loved spending time with them. (side note, I am not my grandparents age I'm only 37!) We had a ball and they always made time for my brother and I. Mrs. Gladys passed away several years ago, and I still see Edrew (I called him Egore when I was litte) <3 that ol' man!

Next time I'm going out to play! I want to be remembered like that. I smile when I think of Gladys and Edrew, I have tons of stories and the things they taught me. How to kill and skin a chicken (yes, I did it!) baking potatoes in the ground, talking to Amelia Earhart (Big Fish), playing with the ferret, walking on stilts, planting a garden. So, many things to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment