Monday, July 1, 2013

Clothes Pins and the 4th of July

.

I saw several clothes pin wreaths but not one for the 4th. See the wreath I made last year HERE. Anyhoo, I started taking last years wreath out of the closest to put it up again, and got inspired to make a new wreath from clothes pins. It is a very easy project.


You need red, white and blue spay paint, a wire circle, silver paint for the stars, and don't forget the clothes pins. I bought 200 for $4.00, I wasn't sure how many it would take.

This project cost me $8.50, and that's because I didn't have white spray paint on hand, I ran out of blue, and I had to buy clothes pins.

The steps, I had a wire wreath on hand. I picked it up at a yard sale about a year ago for .50. Seriously! Go hit the weekend yard sales people it is a terrific way to get things CHEAP!

This is the ring I picked up

 
I got a pair of needle nosed pliers and clipped the rings.

 
I ended up with 2 rings, I guess you can say I did this project for $8.25, LOL.
 
 
Take your clothes pins and circle them around the ring. DO NOT PAINT THEM FIRST.
 
 
Mama's little helper :)
 
and
 
124 clothes pins later

 
Let's count by 5's :)
 
You will count out your red and white clothes pins first. I counted groups of 5's and ended up with 40 in each group, and the remainder I painted blue.
 
Get out the spray paint and go to town.  Side note, the red and blue paint covered the raw wood easily, the white however, did not. I bought a cheap $1 can and had to use the entire can.  




 
 
I got side tracked watching the paint dry :)

 
After and hour or so the paint was dry.


I started with the blue and then the red and white.
 
alternate 5 red and 5 white.


Before the stars

 
and after :) 

 
I think this project turned out really cute:) would love to hear your thoughts!
 
 
 
After thought: The clothes pins stay on really well, but I think I may hot glue them on after the holiday's.
 
Happy Crafting,
Mel:D
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment