Sunday, March 4, 2012

Turning Placemats into Throw Pillows


 

A friend of mine turned me onto this gem!  A cheaper way to change out seasonal pillows or add a pop of color around the house.



Supply List

Supply List
  • Placemats with backing
  • Poly-Fill
  • Hot glue gun
  • Scissors



I got a gift card for Kohl's at Christmas, yes it is the first of March and I still have a gift card!
 I found these CLEARANCE Valentine's Day Placemats at Kohl's. They were $2.09 each not to bad.

 The key is to find place mats that have a backing

 Hit your favorite craft store for Poly-Fill. I like Hobby Lobby they have better prices and I think a better quality items than Michaels. I go to both to use the 40% off coupon they are less than 1/2 mile apart!.
Carefully cut the seam stitching 2 to 3 inches

Insert Poly-Fill. I didn't take a photo of this step, but I'm sure you can figure it out! :)
Because sewing is my Kryptonite I hot glue the seam back together easy-peasy!

Enjoy! Mel :D

No comments:

Post a Comment