Sunday, March 4, 2012

DYI Wall Art

I saw this on Pinterest and followed it back to I Am Mama ~ Hear Me Roar. Cheri has many great things on her site so be sure to check her out!

As soon as I read the quote I knew it was for me and my boy.  I had to have it and would spend hours if necessary recreating!  As I was reading thru I Am Mama, Hear Me Roar my life became a little easier! Cheri created a file and sells it for $3.50!  You can buy it here. I am really good on a computer and knew I could make it, but for $3.50 it was worth me not having too!!!

The piece is large 2x3 and very easy to do.



Supply List:

Start by purchasing the above mentioned file. It will make your like easier. The file will be emailed to you. Download to a jumpdrive, Cloud or to your PC. You can load the file online directly to Staples or take it to them to print. I took it to them.  You need to print the Engineer Blue Print it is only $2.99.

I upcycled a piece of "art" on my wall. I use the term art very lightly. I bought the piece because of it's size, it was only $2.50, and the green matched the green on my wall.... 

see the photo below!

yes, this was actually on my wall!!!
I didn't take a lot of photos of the process it's pretty basic.  I painted the edges of the canvas black. I then applied my DYI Modge Pogde to the canvas, and gently laid the quote on top. The paper is thin be careful it will tear. After I had the quote where I wanted it I used the foam brush and applied my DYI Modge Pogde on top of the quote. I rubbed it hard in different places to take away some of the black and around the edged to give it a worn look.  I think it turned out pretty great and I love seeing it hang in my living room! 

Next time I would:

The print comes back with a white border I would use a Shaprie and get rid of the border. Get my hubby to help, a second pair of hand would have come in handy while trying to lay it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment