Saturday, February 8, 2014

Key Holder

Seriously, I ALWAYS lose my keys. I am forever looking for them, asking everyone in the house where are they, and stressing out because I can't find them.  If I would simply put them in my pocketbook, on my dresser, or even on the kitchen counter... But nope, I find them everywhere, under the couch, in the bath room, left in the door (yes, on multiple occasions), in my son's room, in the basement, and I have even found them in the spice drawer!!!

I have decided since I am turning the BIG 4-0 this year it is time to get my key disorganization under control, and that is how this little project got started.


This took about an hour and that's because the paint had to dry. 

You will need:

Fabric (you could also use scrapbook paper)
Picture Frame
Hooks
Your Initial
Spray Paint






I found this adorable print last month at Phoenix Fabrics. They are a fabric warehouse open once a month to the public. I go almost every month! I think I paid $4 for about 2.5 yards. I have plenty left over for my pillows.









My initial and the frame came from the Goodwill about a year ago, I paid $1 each for them. I spray painted them with this wonderful product from Valspar. The color is called Exotic Sea in a gloss finish. I bought this a year ago at Lowe's I think it was around $5.











I laid the glass out and cut about 1/4 of an inch around it.











Placed the glass back into the now painted frame, put fabric on top of that, and then the back of the frame.










I hot glued my initial and centered to the picture frame and then added 4 hooks at the bottom.













I think it turned out really well! And since I had everything this technically was a FREEBIE :)





See the aforementioned keys!!! They are actually where they should be, LOL!

I would love to know your thoughts!!!

Have a wonderful day,

Mel:D



No comments:

Post a Comment