Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Autism Football Behavior Chart!

This is one of the most awesome ideas for a behavior chart. My son is autistic and we are always looking for ways to help with his behavior. He is also ADHD, OCD, sensory processing and the list goes on. 

Anyway, he has ABA therapy through the week and our wonderful therapist came up with the idea of a football behavior chart. Side note, he is obsessed with football, he wears a different jersey everyday! LOL



He starts in the End Zone on the left and each time he meets one of his goals he moves 10 yards! If he doesn't do what he is suppose to do he moves 10 yards back. When he gets a touchdown he gets to choose his reward.

His favorite football player is former Gamecock, Marcus Lattimore and current 49er! He loves to move Marcus and get the touchdown! 

Would love to hear your comments and if you have a great way to help manage behavior I would love to know!

Mel:D

2 comments:

  1. HOLY COW!!!! You have no idea how happy I am to have found this today!!! My son with ASD is in 5th grade, and his hyper focus is SPORTS...specifically football and baseball. I have never met anyone with his type of obsession and autism. ;)
    I am going to make this somehow today! He has had an extremely hard month or so...this school year has NOT been good. Hubby left today for week, and I am scared to death of me doing this alone this week.... this may just work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MelB, I hope this works for you!!! We've been using it for 2 months and it has helped! He still has his moments, but when he gets to move his favorite player toward the touchdown he gets so excited. He even has his own touchdown dance now LOL!

    ReplyDelete