Saturday, March 23, 2013

Homemade Laundry Soap

I know I am in a very unique situation here... How is making laundry soap unique? Well, it's not, but I don't do laundry... Yep, you read that correctly I DON'T DO LAUNDRY. My wonderful hubby is the laundry guru in our house.  My BFF groans every time we talk about it, LOL;)

When I found the recipe for laundry soap about a year ago, he wasn't gung-ho about trying it, so I let the matter drop (you believe that right!?). In between taking photos of houses today (I'm a REALTOR) I stopped by Wal-mart to pick up soap for the dishwasher. I just so happened to see BORAX, the heavens parted and angels started singing. The wonders of having a Droid Razar and the Pinterest App on my phone I found the recipe on my phone in seconds. You can see the original here. The recipe is for a small amount at a time, "Ain't Nobody Got Time for That" So, in true form I improvised.

Ok, enough of the story you really wanna know about the soap, right?!

FYT, I found everything I needed at Wal-Mart in the isle with mops (I remember seeing mops).


 
1 Box of Borax
1 Box Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soap
3 Bars of Fels-Naptha
 
You will need
 
A bowl
Cheese grater
Blender
 
Step 1:
 
Shred the 3 Fels-Naptha Bars
 
 
2nd
 
Get the blender out
Take a handful of the shredded Fels-Naptha
Add some Borax
Pulse/Blend
 
 
I just kept adding the shredded Fels-Naptha
 
(It works best to make this in small batches at a time)

 
Dumped the shredded mix it into a bowl
 
 
3rd
 
Dump the Borax, Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soap and the bowl of pulsed up Fels-Naptha into a container with a top. 

 
We are using 2 TABLESPOONS PER LOAD
 
Other's have said 2 tsp per load, but the hubby says it just isn't enough


 
I'll update this page every once and a while and let you know how many loads we got out of this batch. I've read from 100 to 256 and it lasts a year or longer!!! WOW, that would be awesome!!!
 
I've gotta make this container a little cuter;)

No comments:

Post a Comment